About the Automotive Industry
The automotive industry is crucial for helping people navigate their everyday lives, and IPE Canada is here to offer their specialized services to ensure that vehicles never experience unplanned power failures and downtime. Automobiles carry passengers and rely on amazing power supplies and quality workmanship. Our partnerships with industry-leading rotary UPS manufacturers, coupled with our in-house expertise, provide the value-added electrical services that provide automotive managers and owners that manage these automotive plants with peace of mind.
Understanding the automotive industry is key to supplying them with the tools they need to succeed. With IPE Canada’s years of experience and expertise, we know how to serve the automotive industry best.
We are committed to:
- Increasing energy efficiency and reducing costs associated with repair or replacement, and the operation of electrical systems
- Reducing downtime and lost production resulting from electrical system failure
- Increasing the longevity and efficiency of electrical systems
- Ensuring code compliance, personnel and equipment safety, and prevention of bodily injury or equipment damage due to electrical failure
We challenge ourselves to find the solutions that are right for you, and our extensive experience with the automotive industry is the perfect foundation. Our team of highly skilled electrical engineers and service technicians are dedicated to finding the solution to your electrical problems. We offer a wide variety of services, including infrared thermography, high and low voltage distribution inspections and testing, emergency power system maintenance, emergency dispatch, and other specialized engineering services.
We have the resources to answer all your questions, understand your concerns, and work to build a solid relationship with our clients. We are the service provider you need and want.
Our Automotive Services
- Arc flash studies – Arc flash assessments are performed to examine the power system of a facility and determine the energy produced at specific electrical devices. Assessing the energy levels allows for appropriate warnings and protective equipment to be prescribed to ensure personnel and equipment safety.
- Coordination studies – Coordination studies will offer a thorough evaluation of the protective devices of a system, including protective relays, fuses, circuit breakers, and the circuits they intend to protect.
- Short circuit analysis – Short circuit analysis is utilized to determine the magnitude of short circuit current that the system is capable of producing, which is then compared to the magnitude of the interrupting rating of the overcurrent protective devices. The knowledge gained from short circuit analysis is crucial to the ability of protective devices to interrupt these short circuit currents.
- Load assessment – A basic electrical load assessment will list all of the electrical devices within a facility, their power ratings or loads, and the approximate number of hours that the device or equipment operates daily. The result of a load assessment is an estimate of a facility’s power consumption and provides the information required to improve efficiency and reduce overall costs.
- Infrared Thermography (IR scan) – Our team of highly trained electrical engineers and thermographers utilize the latest technology to perform all infrared scan inspections. The use of infrared thermographic scanning is a crucial step in effective electrical preventative maintenance programs, allowing us to find issues before they become critical. Using infrared thermography, our goal is to detect both common and uncommon issues that typically lead to critical disruptions. Using our specialized equipment, we are able to identify hotspots that are difficult to see through surface inspections and conducting virus scanning to safely identify electrical problems.
- Breaker maintenance and testing – Breaker maintenance is essential to ensure that breakers continue to be able to support critical loads reliably and operate safely when required.
- Commissioning emergency power services– Commissioning services are offered for all installations to ensure that they are safe and meet all of the design requirements. Commissioning is incorporated into each stage of a project from pre-design until the final verification at project closing.
- Automatic transfer switches – Automatic transfer switches function by providing a reliable means of transferring essential load connections between primary and alternate sources of electrical power. Settings that require continuous uptime, will use an alternate emergency power source, such as a generator, in case the primary power source becomes temporarily unavailable. Automatic transfer switches allow users to access seamless and reliable power in the case of an outage by automatically transferring power to the generator when utility power fails.
- Protective relays – Protective relays are utilized to correct electrical problems and they do so by detecting a problem and working to restore the system to its normal conditions. Protective relays work to reduce the chance of damage to personnel and equipment.
- Battery – Installation, maintenance, replacement, removal, and recycling
- Repair and emergency – Dispatch services available 24/7 for electrical equipment misoperation or failure.