About the Government
Governments of countries across the world serve as foundational pillars that support the structure of a nation. They help create the laws and policies to benefit both the citizens they represent and the economy that they strive to strengthen. The governmental structure, although variable from one nation to the next, is created to serve each nation’s unique needs.
Governments assess the social, political and economic conditions of the nation they oversee and utilize this information to help make improvements for the betterment of those that call the country their home. Governing a nation is no easy task, and the public sector is constantly faced with new challenges they must tackle. In order to face these challenges, government and public sector buildings must be equipped with the most reliable power supply.
We strive to provide the highest quality electrical solutions and services for government institutions so that they can focus on the more important tasks at hand. We understand our clients, ask questions, and build strong and lasting relationships. We have experience working within government infrastructure in cities of various sizes and are always looking to learn and gain more experience and meet new clients.
Our goal is to:
- Reduce interruption and downtime resulting from failures in the electrical system, as seamless power is essential to many government businesses which provide essential services
- Increase energy efficiency, system performance, and overall longevity of all systems
- Increase the lifespan and efficiency of equipment used within government facilities
- Ensure that all systems and services are delivered safely and reliably with minimal risks to equipment and personnel
- Ensure that all safety and insurance standards, regulations, and compliances are met
- Decrease the risk of personnel and equipment exposure to arc flashes and fires
Our Government Services
IPE Canada offers a variety of services to satisfy the needs of all government institutions, and these services include:
- Arc flash studies – Arc flash assessments are performed to examine the power system of a facility and determine the energy produced at specific electrical devices. Assessing the energy levels allows for appropriate warnings and protective equipment to be prescribed to ensure personnel and equipment safety.
- Coordination studies – Coordination studies will offer a thorough evaluation of the protective devices of a system, including protective relays, fuses, circuit breakers, and the circuits they intend to protect.
- Short circuit analysis – Short circuit analysis is utilized to determine the magnitude of short circuit current that the system is capable of producing, which is then compared to the magnitude of the interrupting rating of the overcurrent protective devices. The knowledge gained from short circuit analysis is crucial to the ability of protective devices to interrupt these short circuit currents.
- Load assessment – A basic electrical load assessment will list all of the electrical devices within a facility, their power ratings or loads, and the approximate number of hours that the device or equipment operates daily. The result of a load assessment is an estimate of a facility’s power consumption and provides the information required to improve efficiency and reduce overall costs.
- Infrared Thermography (IR scan) – Our team of highly trained electrical engineers and thermographers utilize the latest technology to perform all infrared scan inspections. The use of infrared thermographic scanning is a crucial step in effective electrical preventative maintenance programs, allowing us to find issues before they become critical. Using infrared thermography, our goal is to detect both common and uncommon issues that typically lead to critical disruptions. Using our specialized equipment, we are able to identify hotspots that are difficult to see through surface inspections and conducting virus scanning to safely identify electrical problems.
- Breaker maintenance and testing – Breaker maintenance is essential to ensure that breakers continue to be able to support critical loads reliably and operate safely when required.
- Commissioning emergency power services – Commissioning services are offered for all installations to ensure that they are safe and meet all of the design requirements. Commissioning is incorporated into each stage of a project from pre-design until the final verification at project closing.
- Automatic transfer switches – Automatic transfer switches function by providing a reliable means of transferring essential load connections between primary and alternate sources of electrical power. Settings that require continuous uptime, will use an alternate emergency power source, such as a generator, in case the primary power source becomes temporarily unavailable. Automatic transfer switches allow users to access seamless and reliable power in the case of an outage by automatically transferring power to the generator when utility power fails.
- Protective relays – Protective relays are utilized to correct electrical problems and they do so by detecting a problem and working to restore the system to its normal conditions. Protective relays work to reduce the chance of damage to personnel and equipment.
- Battery – Installation, maintenance, replacement, removal, and recycling
- Repair and emergency – Dispatch services available 24/7 for electrical equipment misoperation or failure.