About the Aviation Industry
The aviation industry is essential in connecting the world. Without aircraft to carry passengers from one point to another, and the airports to mediate and direct the traffic, travel would be unnecessarily lengthy and complicated. Airports are not simply places of arrival and departure; they are hubs that serve as connection points for the global community. The transport industry as a whole can be broken up into many different sectors, with aviation being the most technologically advanced and fastest-growing.
The aviation industry continues to drive innovation and the latest developments in technology, serving over 3.5 billion passengers each year and carrying more than 50 million tons of cargo. Although these numbers appear impressive, they continue to grow, and airports must continue to adapt and evolve to meet the requirements as it propels into the future.
We understand the importance of the aviation industry and its specific needs, which is why we work hard to:
- Reduce downtime, operational interruptions, and power issues, due to electrical failures
- Increase the lifespan and efficiency of all equipment
- Increase energy efficiency and system performance
- Provide uninterrupted and continued service during operation
- Reduce the cost of operating
- Assist in the meeting of all insurance and safety standards and regulations
- Ensure that all systems functions safely and reliably
- Reduce personnel and equipment exposure to arc flashes
At IPE Canada, we have experience working with several settings and clients, including a variety of airlines at public and private airports. With our extensive experience, unique skill set, and dedication, there is no doubt that we are the best choice to help serve the aviation industry. Our diverse range of services available to the aviation industry is high quality, efficient, and reliable.
Our Aviation Services
IPE Canada offers a variety of services to satisfy the needs of the aviation industry, which includes these services:
- Arc flash studies – Arc flash assessments are performed to examine the power system of a facility and determine the energy produced at specific electrical devices. Assessing the energy levels allows for appropriate warnings and protective equipment to be prescribed to ensure personnel and equipment safety.
- Coordination studies – Coordination studies will offer a thorough evaluation of the protective devices of a system, including protective relays, fuses, circuit breakers, and the circuits they intend to protect.
- Short circuit analysis – Short circuit analysis is utilized to determine the magnitude of short circuit current that the system is capable of producing, which is then compared to the magnitude of the interrupting rating of the overcurrent protective devices. The knowledge gained from short circuit analysis is crucial to the ability of protective devices to interrupt these short circuit currents.
- Load assessment – A basic electrical load assessment will list all of the electrical devices within a facility, their power ratings or loads, and the approximate number of hours that the device or equipment operates daily. The result of a load assessment is an estimate of a facility’s power consumption and provides the information required to improve efficiency and reduce overall costs.
- Infrared Thermography (IR scan) – Our team of highly trained electrical engineers and thermographers utilize the latest technology to perform all infrared scan inspections. The use of infrared thermographic scanning is a crucial step in effective electrical preventative maintenance programs, allowing us to find issues before they become critical. Using infrared thermography, our goal is to detect both common and uncommon issues that typically lead to critical disruptions. Using our specialized equipment, we are able to identify hotspots that are difficult to see through surface inspections and conducting virus scanning to safely identify electrical problems.
- Breaker maintenance and testing – Breaker maintenance is essential to ensure that breakers continue to be able to support critical loads reliably and operate safely when required.
- Commissioning emergency power services – Commissioning services are offered for all installations to ensure that they are safe and meet all of the design requirements. Commissioning is incorporated into each stage of a project from pre-design until the final verification at project closing.
- Automatic transfer switches – Automatic transfer switches function by providing a reliable means of transferring essential load connections between primary and alternate sources of electrical power. Settings that require continuous uptime, will use an alternate emergency power source, such as a generator, in case the primary power source becomes temporarily unavailable. Automatic transfer switches allow users to access seamless and reliable power in the case of an outage by automatically transferring power to the generator when utility power fails.
- Protective relays – Protective relays are utilized to correct electrical problems and they do so by detecting a problem and working to restore the system to its normal conditions. Protective relays work to reduce the chance of damage to personnel and equipment.
- Battery – Installation, maintenance, replacement, removal, and recycling
- Repair and emergency – Dispatch services available 24/7 for electrical equipment misoperation or failure.